Monday, February 4, 2008


A new Prophet of God.

We watched the funeral of President Gordon B. Hinckley last weekend. It is sad to think that we won't hear his voice at conference any more. He was such a fixture. The kids were quite affected as well. H cried after the funeral. Death is such mystery to her. She is having a hard time understanding it all together. We have tried to reassure her that we will have a new prophet of God who will lead and guide us just as he did. Jojo has said, "I miss President Hinckley." Lilo said over and over again, " Hinckley died?" It is sad to see him go, but I can only imagine the reunion he must have had with his sweet wife and other family members. What an amazing life!

This morning I watched the press conference where it was announced that President Monson is the new prophet. I love that it is no surprise to us. There is no mystery in how the next prophet is chosen. It is an established process and we can all depend on it. We will always be led by a prophet who is guided and directed by our Heavenly Father. What a blessing....

1 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Luckily Mom called me at 11 to remind me to watch it. We sat on the phone together and watched it. It was so neat. What an amazing group of men.