Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"i miss grandma and grandpa..."


grandma brought the kids a bunch of boy costumes


grandma and the kids reading in the family bed


lilo loved cuddling with grandpa... jojo was there to torture lilo


lilo ran to get his tools when he saw we were working on the vacuum. then he "helped" grandpa fix it.

grandma and grandpa pearson were here for 5 days. they came for h's baptism. we had such a nice time. it was so nice to have them on our turf. it had been way too long. they were last here when lilo was born- over two years ago.

grandpa was so nice to speak at the baptism and did a beautiful job. he also organized my garage and won jojo's heart by spending a good while with him and his "mr." books. he let lilo help him fix my vacuum. thanks for all of your help, dad. we miss you already!

grandma did the ultimate favor of unloading my dishwasher for me (i HATE unloading) and she loaded it too! she read to the kids, especially h. she put all of the food together for the baptism and helped clean up. she rotated and folded a ginormous load of laundry and she cuddled with h and did night duty when she was sick (h had strep!)

thank you for all your help mom and dad, grandpa and grandma. we love you and want to see you soon.

some of the things the kids have said these past few days...

h said, "why did they have to go home?"

h also said, "i wish grandma and grandpa could come here for 100 years!"

jojo said, "i wish they could come here for infinity years!"

jojo said, "grandma and grandpa both start with gra."

jojo said, "are they coming back soon?"

h said, "how long until we go see grandma and grandpa?"

h speaking to grandma said, "you could just go back and get the dogs and bring them here."

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

My kids were not too happy that their Grandparents were away. They don't like sharing! Our kids are sooo lucky to have such amazing Grandfolks. Mom and Dad will sit for hours playing games, reading books, coloring, cuddling, you name it with the kids...and there are so many kids to share that time with!
That is so funny that he cleaned your garage, he did mine too when we were on our cruise. The funny thing is when we were in Houston we stopped to see friends. Her daughter wanted to show me something in the garage. My friend was mortified because it was so messy. She asked me if my garage is messy. I said "it is very messy, unless my dad cleans it while he is staying at my house". I came home and he HAD indeed cleaned my garage!
I'm glad you had a good time. I don't see Mom everyday, but it sure throws me when they are gone!
This must be a record for longest comment ever! Love ya pumpkin

Melissa Miller said...

Did you get that robin's egg blanket up'ta Target? and the pillow Father is laying on? I have those exact same ones! How cute.

liza said...

i don't remember where i got either of them. no help here.

Madeline... said...

I was pretty sad when grandma and grandpa left! I miss you and I love all of you !

Mel said...

Too cute! I am glad you guys had such a great time. Grandparents rock! The baptism was wonderful!

Tropicanna said...

Super cute pictures! I'm glad they got to go visit :) I wish your dad would come clean my garage.

Shandis said...

I need that Pablo costume! The kids would go crazy for it!!! Too cute!