when papa got home from work on friday (the day after his real birthday) we surprised him with dinner- served by the chilluns. first he sat down to open a present. it was a lobster cutter-opener thingie. hmm... i wonder what is next?
this was the highlight of the kids' year so far. they LOVED playing with the lobsters- just like papa did when he was little. we got two. the big one, a boy (cuz "boys are always bigger than girls") was named jeremy and the smaller one (a girl) was named mirage.
ouch!!!
this is a delicate process...
perfection!
i made papa a carrot cake. i tried a new recipe- i have to say, this was the best i have ever had. i'm dreaming of it right now.
twas a good day after all!
p.s. on the walk home from the bus stop, jojo said, "mama, is 39 (papa's age) close to 100?" funny boy!
Monday, January 21, 2008
papa's birthday party
Posted by
liza
at
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How did I miss this entry? I don't go to actual sites anymore, I just go to google reader. Since you are private now does it still tell me if you updated? I am glad he had a good day after birthday.
Sure like your guts punkies!
that's certainly a divine birthday dinner: lobster and carrot cake! glad the kids' loved it. i've actually never made lobster. my kids love having me push them by the lobsters at the grocery store, but hadn't actually considered if they would like if i brought them home.
I played with Lobsters on my kitchen floor too when I was little. But EWW seeing the pics now gives me the creeps, how can little kids like playing with them!?!?!
playing with and then cracking lobsters open looks like so much fun! I just may have to try it!!
Post a Comment